Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LOL... This IS American Idol!


Okay, I confess. I'm on deadline, so I was working and really wasn't paying much attention to Idol tonight. For the most part, I don't think I was missing much. I mean, come on. Neil Diamond? What were they supposed to do with those songs?  David Cook notwithstanding, they sounded (to go with a Simon favorite) like 70's karaoke. 

But I must admit to being more than usually amused at Paula's flub when the judges were giving their comments after the first round of songs and she read her notes for Jason's second performance!

Okay, we all know that Paula, Simon and Randy make judgments based on the dress rehearsal as well as the live performance. Most singing competitions do the same. But they are supposed to at least try to preserve the illusion that we're getting an on-the-spot gut reaction.  Oops.

At least it was good for a laugh.  : )