Friday, February 04, 2011

FF- Leading Men Double Header

In honor of Valentine's month... leading men!

The Guys:

Seth Mulo (represented here by Tyler Posey), leading man in THE DEATH BY BIKINI MYSTERIES, was a regular high school student in his former life. He played football and served on the student council. Now he and his family are on the run.

Jake Anderson (represented here by Darren Criss), leading man in TRANCE, works at a boring music store in the mall, but he'd rather be out riding his classic Indian motorcycle or playing his guitar.

The Books:

THE DEATH BY BIKINI MYSTERIES

Aphra Connolly was living a quiet, teenaged life. But that was before devastatingly handsome Seth Mulo turned up at her family's island resort. And that was before a girl-the strings of her bikini top tight around her neck-was discovered dead on the beach. Without warning, Aphra is plunged into a vast conspiracy that takes her from Seattle to Paris to Italy. And, in the end, Aphra and Seth will be lucky to escape with their lives-and hearts-intact.


DEATH BY BIKINI was selected as an ALA 2011 Popular Paperback. Booklist calls DEATH BY BIKINI "Heart-pounding" filled with "taut suspense."



TRANCE

Ashlyn Greenfield has always known when bad things are going to happen. Each time that familiar tingling at the back of her neck begins, she knows what’s to come -a trance. She’s pulled in, blindsided, an unwilling witness to a horrible upcoming event. But she’s never been able to stop it-not even when the vision was of her mother’s fatal car accident. When soulful Jake enters Ashlyn’s life, she begins having trances about another car accident. And as her trances escalate, one thing becomes clear: it’s up to her to save Jake from near-certain death.


TRANCE has been named a Junior Library Guild Selection. Booklist calls TRANCE a "well-written" paranormal thriller.

The Interviews:

How did you first meet your leading lady?

Seth: The first time I saw Aphra was in the Plantation House at her dad's private resort. I didn't officially meet her, though, until later on the beach when I dove into the surf to save her from drowning. And then she ended up saving me.

Jake: I first met Ashlyn at the mall where we both worked. She looked like she was having a rough night - she was pretty spaced out for a while, and I saw her outside crying when I left the mall, so I stopped to see if there was anything I could do to help.

Are you superstitious in any way?

Seth: Not really. I figure my real life demons are bad enough without inventing new ones.

Jake: I wasn't superstitious either, until all the weird stuff that went down with Ashlyn and the numbers and her trances. Now I'm not so sure.

Describe your idea of the perfect date:

Seth: Swimming at the beach in the moonlight. Just Aphra and me, like the day we first met - only now there wouldn't be any secrets between us.

Jake: Already happened the day Ashlyn met me at the park. We played on the swings like little kids, shot hoops for a while, and then I played my guitar for her as the sun set.

What's one thing people don't know about you?

Seth: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Jake: There's a reason why people don't the thing they don't know, so I'm not going to spill it here.

If you could invite one person to hang out with you on a deserted island, who would it be?

Seth: Aphra. Duh.

Jake: Ashlyn, of course.

What kind of chocolate best describes you?

Seth: Who makes up these questions? What's with the chocolate?

Jake: It's a girl thing. Just say dark. They like that.

Seth: Dark? Why?

Jake: It's a metaphor. Just go with it.


The freebie:

To be entered to win a signed copy of THE DEATH BY BIKINI MYSTERIES and a signed copy of TRANCE, leave a message below, describing your idea of the perfect date. This drawing will remain open until Wednesday, February 9.