Friday, May 14, 2010

FF - Reader's Choice!

This is a celebration week!

Things I'm celebrating:

* Tomorrow is my son's birthday! Happy Birthday, C!

* Last night my HS senior daughter was honored as a AP Scholar, Summa cum laude, and Valedictorian. I'm a proud mom!!!

* Last week's Ohioana Book Festival was a blast. I met a lot of fabulous authors and readers and it made me proud to be a part of Ohio's literary community. (And I got to party at the Governor's mansion afterwards!)

* At Ohioana, Lisa Klein gave me an ARC of her upcoming book, CATE OF THE LOST COLONY. I've just started it, but I have to say... I am a huge fan already! (And Lisa has agreed to visit the blog for an interview closer to the release. Yay!)

* I visited the Thurber House last week and listened to the stories of some fabulously talented HS students. I love my job!

* This week's visit to Karrer MS was awesome - especially since my dear daughter (Haley, my guest-blogger) got to spend the day with me.

* I've been reading some fantastic YA fiction lately. I love that there are so many great books out there to choose from!

So here's this week's freebie - to be entered to win your choice of the just-read-by-me books listed below, leave a comment telling me what you are/would like to be celebrating this week/month/year.

Donna Jo Napoli's THE WAGER



Caragh O'Brian's BIRTH MARKED


Aprilynne Pike's SPELLS



This drawing will remain open until Wednesday, May 19.

Happy mid-May weekend!!!!