Friday, September 01, 2006

The Duel Blogs

All right. Just in case you are wondering... yes. I also have a blog at myspace. And, yes. The blogs are the same... or are they?

For the most part, I will be pasting the same blog entries on this page as well as on the myspace page. The reason for this is that *gasp* not everyone has a myspace account and I didn't want it to be a pain for them to find the blog.

But, I figure... well, since I'm going to have the two anyway... might as well have some fun. I might just have to imbed clues to some future contest in one or the other blog. You might just have to pay attention...

Meanwhile, I'm going to catch this blog up... Here is the extent of what I have posted so far on myspace:


Friday, September 01, 2006
It's Alive!!!
Hey! Wanna know why I've been missing in action the past few days? My website is now live! Check it out!
11:42 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
High School Stereotypes
OK, here's the thing. We're a little behind here in Japan. For example, I'm still waiting for season two of LOST. So it was just recently that we watched High School Musical on Disney Channel. Parts of it I really liked. Other parts... not so much.
It did make me wonder, though; how accurate are the done-to-death high school stereotypes? Are they done-to-death because they are real? Or are they an easy cliche to latch onto in creating characters?
Are all smart kids "geeks" with no social skills and a healthy hatred for anyone who has them? Are all jocks self-absorbed and intellectually-challenged? Are all cheerleaders airheaded and cruel?
I'm going to say no. At least it wasn't that way in my highschool. We did have defined groups - there were the D-Wingers; the burn-outs who would sneak out behind D-wing to smoke, drink or take a hit. The Soshes were the popular kids who had lots of personality, lots of money, or both. We had the Future Farmers, the kids who lived down in the rural section of town, and the MidList, the ones - like me - who weren't distinct enough to be categorized. But the thing is, we all got along. Sure, there were some people who could have benefitted from a personality makeover, but it wasn't because they belonged to a certain group or caste.
At the American School here in Tokyo, there isn't that huge division, either. Maybe it's because the student body comes from all over the world and everyone is in the same boat, so to speak. There isn't a sense of exclusiveness or dislike between any of the groups.
What's it like in your school? Are high-school stereotypes real? Are they justified? What do you think?
Gerb
2:19 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
Saturday, August 19, 2006
NOW AND ZEN
OK, so we got back to Japan on Friday and the whole summer thing is behind us. That means the countdown has begun!
In less than one month, NOW AND ZEN will hit the shelves.
Unfortunately, I won't be in the States to enjoy the moment, so I will have to count on you! Watch this space for the upcoming Zen Watch! Be the first to post a Zen sighting and win cool prizes.
I'm not even picky. Preorders count and everything!
Stay tuned...
Gerb

And that's it! Let the games begin!