Thursday, June 07, 2007

Class of 2007!


The school year is drawing to a close. Saturday is graduation. It's exciting, but kind of sad at the same time.

We've lived near ASIJ, where my kids attend school, the past several years. I've subbed and volunteered on campus. Spent hours at sporting events, plays, concerts and special events. In that time, I've gotten to know a many of this year's graduating class, and become familiar with many more. I get teary thinking of how I won't be seeing them any longer. (Of course, since we're moving, we won't get to see any of the other kids, either, but it seems to be especially poignant with the graduating Seniors because they, too, are off to bigger and better things.)

The students at ASIJ hail from all over the world. After graduation, the Class of 2007 will literally scatter across the globe. Most of them will attend university. Some of them will travel. All of them will be taking a piece of my heart with them.

Congratulations, Class of 2007! Gambatte!