Sunday, June 03, 2007

Nearing the End

Another sleepless night...

Ever tried to sleep, but there's so much going on inside your head that you can't shut it off? That's been my weekend.

I'm wrapping up the anthology piece and having way too much fun reading all the warrior references. I keep getting sidetracked or caught up in figuring out how I can fit a certain bit of information in the piece. As soon as I finish that, it's back to the Death by Bikini revisions, also fun, but completely consuming.

Had a sad realization this morning while helping the second grade class with a research project at school. Mr. Laleman (librarian extraordinaire) mentioned that it would be the class's last research day this year.

Another last.

There's been a lot of those lately - the last trip to Oriental Bazaar, the last vocal jazz/choir concert, the last tutoring session. Before long, we will have run out of lasts and we'll be on the plane, bound for the States.

*sigh*

Meanwhile, the thoughts keep churning as I try to forget the mounting list of lasts and chip away at writing deadlines, end-of-year activities and moving tasks one by one.

Maybe in July I'll sleep.