Friday, June 27, 2008

FREEBIE FRIDAY!!! - BOYS ON THE ROAD

This is a very special Freebie Friday. For the first time ever, one lucky reader will get a peek at the follow-up to DEATH BY BIKINI... DEATH BY LATTE, which doesn't hit the shelves until September.

Without giving up too much, in DEATH BY LATTE, Aphra takes to the road and meets a handsome stranger in Seattle. And, of course, she becomes embroiled in another adventure...

For today's giveaway, I want to hear about your travel romances. For example, my dad is a professor. During the summer between my 9th and 10th grades, our family's vacation consisted driving from town to town where he and a group of other professors gave lectures. At one point, we crossed the border into Mexico, where I met this really cute local guy at the hotel swimming pool. I mean, really cute. Dark hair, warm, chocolate eyes, wide grin. He barely spoke English, I barely spoke Spanish, but we hung out at the pool together every day and flirted and he even kissed me the night before we packed up and headed for the next town. The whole rest of the trip was melancholy, me imagining how things might have progressed had we stayed in that town longer...

Want to be the first on your block to read DEATH BY LATTE? Tell me your best boys on the road story to be entered to win an Advanced Readers Copy!

Note... I'm heading out of town again this weekend (Scotland! Yeah!) so this contest will remain open until I hit a hotel with Internet access... Monday or beyond. Keep those stories coming!

Edited to add: I'm also blogging over at Teen Fiction Cafe about summer romances this week... if you're in the story-telling mood, you could hop over and tell us about your favorite summer romance. You might even win bonus points toward being selected for the DBL ARC for doing so...