Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Week of Taps

Busy, busy week around here. Lots of holiday preparation, diligent working on the new manuscript, much ado about the impending move, and three taps from other bloggers. I appreciate you guys thinking of me and apologize for being a little slow to pass it on...

From Liviania, the Great Job Award

The rules are:
1) Add the logo of your award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.

5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

My nominees are:
KC Dyer, AS King, Amanda Ashby, Kelly Parra, Melissa Walker, readergirlz, Tera Lynn Childs


Next, I've been Bookwormed by Julie Weathers:

The Rules are:
1) Open the closest book- not a favorite or most intellectual book- but the book closest at the moment, to page 56
2) Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following
3) tag five innocents [or more]
4)Julie takes it a step further and s
uggests doing the same for your manuscript

Closest book: THE SWEET FAR THING by Libba Bray
I feel odd, feverish. Strands of hair hang limp b
y my mouth. I feel as if I've been visited by a ghost.
It was only a dream, Gemma. Leave it alone.

My Manuscript: DEATH BY DENIM

"Now will you tell me what's going on?"
He exchanged a meaningful look with the red-haired lady. "I think we'd better sit down," he said.

My Victims - er tagged innocents: Marsha Skrypuch, Mel Francis, Jenny Meyer, Wendy Toliver, Marley Gibson


And finally, I was tagged for a meme from Chelsea.

25 Things about me (some of this you may have heard/read before.)

1. I grew up at the base of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. I love mountains.
2. I have two brothers and three sisters.
3. My dad is a professor and also writes books.
4. My grandpa was an artist, my mom is an artist and my brother is a professional artist and a professor.
5. Two of my sisters are photographers, my other brother is a cartoonist and my other sister is an artist on a sewing machine. Creativity runs in the family.
6. I have four kids. They keep me busy.
7. I'm not a very good housekeeper.
8. I have lived abroad in Japan and Finland and am preparing to move to Germany.
10. I still get a thrill when I see one of my books in a bookstore. Here's a photo my sister took yesterday at the Orem Barnes & Noble, on the Best Sellers table. (!) Look at DBL right next to Wicked and Masquerade! Squeee!
11. When I was in 5th grade, I wrote a story as a gift for my teacher. He graded it and handed it back. I was crushed and didn't write for a long time after that.
12. I love old Hollywood musicals like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, South Pacific, Singin' in the Rain and Kiss Me Kate.
13. I love newer Broadway musicals like Wicked, Les Mis, Mama Mia and Phantom.
14. I wish I could sing better.
15. My sister just got me hooked on "The Mentalist."
16. I can't wait for the new season of LOST to start next month!
17. I collect books without even meaning to. They're like my security blanket.
18. I love to read.
19. I'm a huge fangirl of other authors.
20. I love doing school visits when the kids ask great questions!
21. I am a Christmas nut. (Interpret that as you will.)
22. I love my husband.
23. I wish I could make myself stop procrastinating - it would make life so much easier.
24. I often procrastinate by reading books, so you can understand why I don't try too hard to stop.
25. I actually like my dentist!

I tag people I've never tagged before: Zoealea, Mrs. Magoo and Shannon Hale.

Whew! If you've waded through all of this, thanks. You've earned a bonus word for tomorrow's Freebie Friday. The word is Inconceivable! Use this word in your reply and you will receive an extra entry for the drawing.

See you tomorrow!