Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Party with Marley Gibson

Marley Gibson will always have a special place in my heart. Not only is she a genuine, open, and caring person, she is also the one who gave me the referral to meet my fabulous agent, Elaine.

She has the most fascinating life. She calls Boston home, but most of the time, she lives and travels in an RV with her significant other, filmmaker Patrick Burns, and they chase ghosts. Really. Which is how Marley brings the authenticity to her YA series, Ghost Huntress. Book four, The Counseling just hit the shelves in September.

Here's the back cover blurb for Ghost Huntress: The Counseling:

Kendall has just discovered who Emily really is, lost her boyfriend, and nearly died doing the thing she loves most--ghost hunting. It's time to take a break and try to reconcile all the changes she's going through. So Kendall heads to the Sierra Mountains, where there's a camp especially for young people with gifts such as hers. It's a time for reflection and self-discovery.
But when she gets to California, she once again finds restless spirits--and the boy in her last vision. It may be the end of one chapter of her life and the beginning of a new one.


Her Reading and Reaction:

Your compound number values are ten, sixteen, and twenty-one.

Ten is a number of honor, of faith and of self-confidence. Ten is a fortunate number that indicates that one’s plans are likely to be carried out – however, it is symbolized by the wheel of fortune, which can signal a rise and fall in success.

This is pretty cool because last year was a rough one for me. I went through a divorce and a job loss and two moves, so there was definitely rising and falling in my "success." However, through that, I gained self-confidence and my plans from then have definitely been carried out!

Sixteen is a warning to guard against the defeat of one's plans. It should be carefully noted and plans made in advance to avert its fatalistic tendency. Sixteens should trust their intuition in order to avoid hardship.

Good advice! I tend to be a smidgety bit of a procrastinator. Goes back to my college days of cramming the night before the test. But, I always get things done. So I'll try to trust my intuition more and plan ahead more.

Twenty-one signifies an initiation to a new level of wisdom and stature that appeared impossible before. It is the number of ad­vancement, honors, and general success, though victory generally comes after long initiation and tests of determination.

Oooo! I like advancement, honors, and general success! LOL!! If there's one thing I'm made of, it's certainly determination. I recently sold a YA book called RADIATE which is fictionalized version of my experience with cancer when I was a cheerleader. This number points this everything I had to overcome and everything I hope to share in the book.

Your name number vibration is one.

The number one indicates someone who is creative, independent, original, individual. Ones are good self-starters and natural leaders. Ones show interest in the arts, such as singing, acting, writing, painting, and love to curl up with a good book.

Wow...is there a picture of me next to that definition in your book? LOL!! I'm a self-starter, alright, and I do have a love of the arts. I like this reading. Very cool and very much who I am.

You can read more about Marley at ghosthuntress.com or marleygibson.com.

Today's daily freebie is a signed copy of Mara Purnhagen's Past Midnight. Because of the lateness of the posts today, this drawing will remain open until Friday, October 8.