Saturday, October 02, 2010

Party with Wendy Toliver

Wendy's here to party!

As many of you already know, Wendy is another TFC sister and the author of SECRET LIFE OF A TEENAGE SIREN, MISS MATCH, and LIFTED. I met Wendy way back, while visiting family in Utah. We had undercooked pizza and a lot of laughs. And yes, she's as pretty in person as she looks in her pictures. In fact, she once held a job impersonating Marilyn Monroe (while delivering singing telegrams.) Now she lives and writes in Eden, Utah with her husband, three little boys, one cat, a crab, and the occasional mole.

Her latest book, LIFTED, has been getting great reviews. If you haven't read it yet, you should. Here's the official blurb:

It's not what you steal.
It's getting away with it that's so much fun.

Poppy Browne is none too thrilled to be the new girl in Pleasant Acres, Texas--especially after her mother enrolls her in a private Baptist school. But to her delight, Poppy is pulled into the cool clique on her first day at Calvary High, and her new friends, Mary Jane and Whitney, are as genuinely nice as they are gorgeous and rich.

The catch? Her new pals have a nasty shoplifting habit, and before long Poppy is also a theft enthusiast. But when the girls' addictions get out of hand and friendships are threatened, it's up to Poppy to set things right ....


And Wendy's reading:

Your compound number values are twenty-one and twenty-eight.

Twenty-one signifies an initiation to a new level of wisdom and stature that appeared impossible before. It is the number of ad­vancement, honors, and general success, though victory generally comes after long initiation and tests of determination.
WT: I think any published author will say she only succeeded after "long initiation and tests of determination." There are so many days I feel like a gopher in that arcade game where you hit them on the head just as they pop up. But then there are other days that I pop my head up and I see the sun shining and feel like I've accomplished something amazing.

Twenty-eight This number is fickle. Great promise and possibilities await a person who is influenced by this number, but she may see it all taken away unless she carefully plans for the future. It indicates the possibility of loss through trust in others, so one should trust in one’s own instincts.
WT: Oh, wow. If this is referring to my college days, I had to learn the hard way not to trust just anybody. And I recently reunited with someone who knew me in high school and he mentioned how much work it was to be my friend b/c I was too trusting and naive. That said, I'm a mom now, which is the ultimate crash course in trusting one's own instincts. As for planning for my future, I'm the type who has to go to the grocery store almost daily because I never know what kind of dinner I'll be in the mood for tomorrow.

Your name number vibration is four.

The number four indicates someone who is practical, loyal, kind and fair. Fours value justice and hard work. The number four represents both emotional and physical strength, although fours seldom show their inside sensitivities to anyone, and at times their dreams are so grand, it seems as if they are unattainable.
WT: Am I practical? Sort of. I have friends who are totally impractical (I'm thinking shopaholics who spend crazy amounts of money on a pair of shoes they'll wear once and then store in their closets) and that's not me. Loyal? Heck yeah. Kind? Hmm, depends. I try, really I do. Fair? Again, I try, but as a mother I'm always telling my boys, "Life isn't fair, so buck up and deal with it."

I'm actually not sure if I show my sensitivities to the world. I am sensitive, though.

Grand dreams? Yep! Sometimes they're so grand, I keep them a secret so no one can make fun of them.

The daily giveaway for today is SWOON AT YOUR OWN RISK, by Sydney Salter.