Saturday, October 02, 2010

Party with Melissa Walker

Today I'm at the Books by the Banks festival in Cincinnati, so you'll have to party without me for a few hours. Unless, of course, you're in Cincinnati. Then please come to the Duke Energy Convention Center for the festival and come see me! I'll be signing copies of TRANCE. (Yes, BBTB attendees get a jump on the release date...)

Reminder: all comments qualify you for the daily giveaway as well as earns an entry for the grand prize drawings. If you win a daily giveaway, yes, you are still eligible to win again.

Meanwhile, Melissa Walker has come to join the party!

Melissa is another TFC sister, and the author of the VIOLET ON THE RUNWAY series, and LOVESTRUCK SUMMER. She has worked as an ELLEGirl features editor and Seventeen magazine prom editor. If you haven't seen the blog she co-founded, Before You Were Hot, or signed up for the I Heart Daily newsletter, you are missing out. Just saying.

Here's the lowdown on Melissa's latest book:

"This is the story of Quinn, an indie rock girl who came out to Austin, Texas for a music internship.

She also plans to spend long, lazy days in the sun at outdoor concerts--and to meet a hot musician or two. Instead, she's stuck rooming with her sorority brainwashed cousin, who now willingly goes by the name 'Party Penny.' Their personalities clash, big time.

But Sebastian, a gorgeous DJ, definitely makes up for it. Sebastian has it all: looks, charm, and great taste in music. So why can't Quinn keep her mind off Penny's friend -- cute, All-American Russ with the Texas twang?

One thing's certain: Quinn's in for a summer she'll never forget!"

And now, her number reading:

Your compound numbers are nineteen and twenty.

Nineteen is symbolized as "the Sun." It indicates power and clarity, happiness, success, esteem and honor. People influenced by this number tend to have good friends and dislike pretense. Their lives are generally comfortable and lucky.


MW: I like the sound of this! I don't feel much power and clarity when I have my pajamas on at 2pm with my revision pages spread all over the rug, but I do have great friends and an aversion to pretense, so...


Twenty is often called "the awakening" and can be interpreted as a call for action to some great purpose, cause or duty. Delays or obstacles to one's plans can be conquered through the development of the spiritual side of nature.


MW: Ooh! Lately I've been watching a lot of Oprah (she's my writing break) and feeling like I want to do something big -- help the education system, promote libraries, mentor a kid who needs it. I'm not very spiritual, though I just wrote a book that includes a lot of religion, so maybe I need to think about that side of things more.


Your name number vibration is three, which indicates a person who is artistic, social, friendly, though in some cases, wasteful. Threes tend to be creative, sensitive, ambitious and intuitive.


MW: I like artistic, social and friendly. I do try not to be wasteful! I even bring my own bags to the grocery store, ALWAYS. I wish I were less sensitive, but bring on the creativity and ambition!


The daily giveaway for today is signed copy of SWOON AT YOUR OWN RISK by Sydney Salter.