Friday, October 10, 2008

FREEBIE FRIDAY from Tokyo

Ohayo gozaimasu from Tokyo!!

Look - it's still Friday! Well, not here... it's about 6 a.m. Saturday, but my body clock hasn't clued in to that yet.

It feels like I'm home... I can't believe it's been nearly a year and a half since we left Japan. I didn't realize how much I missed it here until we touched down in Narita. It's so wonderful to be back - if only for a short time.

Can I just tell you what a bad traveler I am, though? I mean, I love to travel, but it seems I always forget something. This time, it was my brushes. Yup. I'm going to be standing up in front of people at school visits and workshops... and I left my hairbrushes at home. Guess what's first on my list of things to do today? At least it isn't as bad as when we went to France, though... My Dear Husband loaded the van for our drive to the airport, and he accidentally left my suitcase sitting on the driveway! We had to call a neighbor to retrieve it so it wouldn't get stolen, but with the post-9-11 security restrictions, they couldn't send it to the airport so it could come to Paris on a later flight, so my first trip to the City of Lights was sans luggage. I had to buy everything new there (which sounds much more exciting than it was... budget limitations meant I was shopping at Carrefour and H&M instead of at some high-fashion Paris boutique.) Oh! And the book tie-in for this post... Aphra will be going to Paris in DEATH BY DENIM!

Anyway, for today's Freebie Friday, I'm giving away a pair of these way fun tabi socks, along with assorted Japanese treats (no dried squid, I promise.) All you have to do to be entered to win is to leave a comment, telling me about something really important you forgot. What happened because your lapse of memory?

Mata ne!