Monday, March 08, 2010

Celebrating Women Who Rock

Since today is International Women's Day, I'd like to tip my hat to the women who are/have been a huge part of my writing journey.

A lot of you have asked from time to time who is TFC or CS or the YAs or GCC, so here's a who's who of the influential women in my writing life and a HUGE THANKS to all of them for being there for me.
(Lots of links below - scroll over names if you want to know more about them.)

Angelle Pilkington - my editor who has been with me now for six books, going on ten!
Elaine Spencer - my incredibly patient and supportive agent. (Writers - great interview with Elaine here.)

Teen Fiction Cafe (TFC) : Group blog of fabulousness Amanda Ashby, Kay Cassidy, Sara Hantz, Stephanie Kuehnert, Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Alyson Noel, Erica Orloff, Kelly Parra, Wendy Toliver, Melissa Walker, Sara Zarr
(P.S. Don't miss the three-year anniversary party going on over at TFC right now. You can win prizes!)

Girlfriends Cyber Circuit (GCC): Cyber book tour group Teri Brown, Eileen Cook, Megan Crane, Lucienne Diver, Jennifer Echols, Megan Kelly Hall, Sara Hantz, April Henry, Carrie Jones, Stephanie Kuehnert, Jennifer O'Connell, Kelly Parra, Debbie Rigaud, Elizabeth Scott, Jeri Smith-Ready, Laurie Stolarz, Shanna Swendson, Wendy Toliver, Melissa Walker, Diana Wallach

Creative Support (CS): My online critique group. We've been together for EIGHT YEARS as of next month.Wow!
Barb Aeschliman (also my webmaster), Ginger Calem, Nicole Maggi, Jen McAndrews, Julie O'Connell

The Yas: My other online critique group. Kate Coombs, kc dyer, Marsha Skrypuch

Dublin Writers: My in-person critique group: Margaret Peterson Haddix, Linda Stanek, Erin Myers, Nancy Pimm, Jenny

Other supportive online writer friends, Susan Adrian, Heather Brewer, Tera Lynn Childs, Melissa Francis, Tina Ferraro, Becca Fitzpatrick, Marley Gibson, Paula Chase Hyman, AS King, JoAnn Levy, Lisa McMann*, Jenny Meyer, Micol Ostow, Bev Katz Rosenbaum, Sandy Schwab, Rhonda Stapleton

More Dublin writers: Kari Scott, Nancy Herriman, Liz Coley

So there you go. Writing may a solitary pursuit, but I'm grateful for the writing community. It really is a huge, supportive family. And I'm especially grateful for these amazing women who uplift and inspire me!

THANK YOU, AMAZING WOMEN! YOU ROCK!

Who are the important women in your life?

*Don't forget the drawing for a signed copy of Lisa's GONE, going on here!