Saturday, April 26, 2008

Six Random Things Meme

(Note: contest winner announced a couple of posts down...)

It's meme time! I've been tagged by Jenny.

The rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


Okay, here goes... Six random things about me:

(1) I used to work for the U.S. Senate. My boss was the Labor and Human Resources Committee's Special Investigator, who was investigating a certain nominee for Secretary of Labor. Um, I think that's all I can say.

(2) I grew up at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in Utah and never learned to ski until I moved to Ohio!

(3) I love musicals. As in watching/listening to, not singing/acting in. Last visit to New York, I saw Wicked (for the second time), Spamalot and Sweeney Todd and I was in musical heaven! I've seen Les Miz and Phantom about five times each. I even saw Cats, Phantom and The Lion King in Tokyo. In Japanese. Don't ask me how much I understood.

(4) I'm a terrible procrastinator. Fortunately, I work well under pressure... which is good because I create pressure situations constantly by not managing my time well. Like right now...

(5) My grandpa was a painter and I always wanted to be an artist like him, but I didn't have the "skillz". My brother is a phenomenal artist, though, and his daughter is unbelievably gifted, as is another niece of mine, so it does run in the family... just not through me.

(6) I drive my kids crazy by having a song for every occasion. When bits and pieces of lyrics seem to fit the moment, I can't help belting them out. And I know a lot of songs...

I hereby tag:

Wendy Toliver
Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Marley Gibson
Melissa Walker
Teri Brown
Lisa McMann