Friday, February 13, 2009

LOVE FEST with SASHA WATSON

Welcome back to our love fest! Before we begin day #5, a couple of things-
Remember Alyson Noel, who was just here visiting last week? Check out her fantastic news about EVERMORE! Yay, Alyson!
And, um, does anyone have any really great flu remedies? I do not have time to keep being sick!

But no whining from me, because today I'm pleased to YA romance expert Sasha Watson to the blog. Sasha is the author of VIDALIA IN PARIS, which Kirkus Reviews says "portrays Paris with a doting accuracy and delineates all the torments of first love." In fact, Sasha used to live in the City of Love. Sounds like she knows what she's talking about.

You can read more about Sasha and VIDALIA on her blog.

Now on to the questions:
Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions?

Yes, and it's my favorite thing about Valentine's Day. I send valentine's to all my best female friends. Some are single and some aren't, but either way, they need to know they're loved!

What do I do if my best friends hate my boyfriend? I want to keep both my friends and my boyfriend. Is there a way to do that? Thank you!
The real question here is WHY do your friends hate your boyfriend? Assuming your friends have your best interests at heart, it sets off some alarms if they don't like him. The first thing to do is to sit down with your friends and really listen to why they don't like your boyfriend. Is it because they're worried about you? Because they have good reason not to trust him? If so, then maybe you need to look more closely at your relationship with your boyfriend. Your friends might be helping you out here! If, on the other hand, their reasons seem selfish or mean, then you'll have to tell them that you care about them but that you're going to continue seeing your boyfriend. If they're really your friends, then they'll accept that.

Is it ever ok to be jealous?
A little bit of joking jealousy can be a nice way to show your loved one that you care, but only a little. If jealousy starts to get out of control, then it's the most destructive thing for a relationship. If the jealousy is justified (i.e. someone's cheating), then the relationship should probably end. If it's not justified, then the jealous person needs to get a handle on his or her emotions. One way to do that is simply to tell your boyfriend or girlfriend that you're feeling jealous and let them reassure you. Just make sure not to make any accusations when you do so, because that's sure to drive the most loyal lover away.
What do you do if your best guy friend starts acting all different around you and you think he likes you, but you're not sure?
Well, do you like him back? If you do, then I'd say do some flirting and see how he responds. You'll figure out pretty quickly if he likes you when you give him a valentine or hold his hand the next time you're at the movies! If you're not interested in making your friendship romantic then I'd just keep acting the way you always have, like a good friend, and wait and see if he brings it up.

How important is it to you for your significant other to get along with your family? If he or she does not get along very well with your family, will it bother you?
What would really bother me is if my significant other were rude to my family. As long as he's polite, though, it doesn't bother me if he's not best friends with my parents or my siblings. The important thing is to be respectful of the people in your partner's life. If your significant other is disrespectful to your family, then what that really means is that they don't respect you - and that is not okay.

For the freebie, Sasha has generously offered a signed copy of VIDALIA IN PARIS to today's lucky winner. To enter, leave a message below, offering your advice to one of the questions above.