Sunday, February 08, 2009

Winner and the LOVE FEST Begins!

Happy Monday!

Before we begin today's LOVE FEST... I loved all the unique aura descriptions for our Alyson Noel Freebie Friday! Special thanks to those of you who also to show some love at the Bradford Bash. By random drawing, the winner of the signed copy of EVERMORE is:
purplg8tr

Please send your mailing info to gerb @ lindagerber . com and we'll get that sent out to you!

Everyone else - welcome to the LOVE FEST!

Let me start by thanking all those who sent questions for our illustrious panel. The response was overwhelming! Please note that to conserve time and space, I have combined some questions that were similar. I'll be answering privately a couple that may have been too personal for this blog.

I'm going to kick off the week (and give my fellow panelists a couple of days to formulate their answers since they just got their questions Sunday.) Today's LOVE FEST give-aways are:

A signed copy of DEATH BY LATTE
A signed ARC of DEATH BY DENIM
SWEETHEARTS by Sarah Zarr

Here we go!

Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions?
Our traditions keep changing. When my DH and I were first married, Valentine's Day meant a romantic dinner with candles and roses and Seal on the stereo. Then it meant stuffing tiny envelopes with heart-shaped candies and helping the kids address them to their classmates. Lately it means finding a single quiet moment together (not easy).

Why does he say sweet things to me one day only to act the opposite the next?
Simple answer: guys don't always know what they want. Plus sometimes it's easy to say sweet things one on one, but embarrassing in front of witnesses. Be patient. This is not to say that you have to put up with someone being a jerk to you. If it's as opposite as that, maybe it's time to move on.

I think I like a girl, but my friends think she’s a loser. How do I find out if she likes me without my friends finding out?
First of all, are your friends right? If this girl really is trouble, maybe they're just trying to look out for you. But if they don't like her because she doesn't move in the same circles or wear the right clothes or something shallow like that, then you have to ask yourself - why to you care so much what your friends think? In any event, sneaking around trying to hide things from your friends is never a good idea. Plus you may end up hurting this girl if she thinks you are ashamed to be seen with her. Honesty is your best bet here - to yourself, to the girl you like and to your friends.

How come the guys I like don’t like me, but the guys I don’t like won’t leave me alone???
I wish I knew! This is age-old problem. Maybe it has something to do with the thrill of the chase. The guys you like don't have to chase you and the guys you don't like do. Hang in there. Like all hopeless romantics, I believe there is someone for everyone and one day you're going to like a guy who likes you back and everything will be sunshine and roses for you both!

What is the greatest present you have gotten for your significant other?
I asked my DH what he thought, since he's the one who has gotten the gifts for the past *mumble* years. He said it was the card and photo I had signed by his favorite baseball player for his birthday. The player retired shortly thereafter and the card is probably worth a lot of money now, but it's worth even more in sentimental value because of the effort I had gone through to give him something I knew he would really LOVE.

To be entered to win one of today's prizes, leave a comment below, offering your own advice to one of the questions above. Winners will be announced on Valentine's Day.